Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wrong name and guns still in their name but owned by someone else

o, I had a couple of guns to register and I decided to use the online registration and telephone verification process. I end up waiting about 15 minutes for a verifier. The verifier turns out to be some French lady who speaks passable English. I tell her what I have: a Gevarm .22 semi automatic and a Winchester Model 94 in .32 SPL I'd like registered. She asks me for the model number for the Gevarm and I tell her it is a E-1, its not stamped on the barrel but I discovered this through other sources. The nice French lady than tells me this isn't possible and I have to have the guns on hand if I want them verified I insist that I have the rifles right in front of me. She then asks me if they are loaded.. WTF, of course not. I then read her precisely what is stamped on the barrel carbine automatiqe Gevarm et.. So, she gives me the reference table number and her info which I madly type into the online registration form as I can hardly understand her and want to make sure it will accept the info. She ends up transferring me to an English speaking gentleman who helps me overcome the errors I had made on recording her info with the language barrier. Fine, hang up, continue with the form. Winchester is registered fine. but my Gevarm is now a single shot Huntington & Richardson .22. At least the serial number will be correct.

Cool how your Gevarm didn't compute, but a Huntington and Richardson did.......considering there is no such thing.
Harrington.

------

I'll bet if all the mistakes and mis-registered firearms were ever known, the Registry would be laughed out of existence in a week. If you want a real amusing day, try registering a customized military Mauser that's been re-barreled to a different caliber!

When I tried it, they said "But they never made that rifle in that caliber ..."

Apparently the ability to re-barrel and change a firearm's caliber is lost on the CFC.

-------

I just received an official printout of my registered guns as of Sept 19 2009
There are 7 guns still registered to me, including a handgun, that I have sold and transferred and have the "seller" letter to prove it.
Nice system.
That handgun was sold around Christmas time and the guy has been shooting it weekly at Phoenix Range.....and apparently it still belongs to me.
-- huntinstuff, Location: Alberta, on September 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment