Thursday, October 28, 2010

Is that a Pistol or a rifle in your pocket?

I have a rfle from the 60s with no serial number on it too. I asked them about it during the transfer, and the girl told me that it's common for guns to have the same serial number or no number. She told me that they would send em a sticked to put on it. It never came, and even if it did, i would not have put it on. Who wants to junk up their nice guns with gaudy stickers?
-- mwjones

I once registered a rifle to my name.... lady asked for serial number..... lady said.. ''Sir, that serial number belongs to a Smith& Wesson .38 revolver''...... I replied, ''is there only one dog named Fido ???''
-- simonyzer

I had a Pistol and a rifle both with the same serial number.. I got a reprint of my certificates at one point.. and found they have the same certificate number... One had the right make and the other had the right length for the rifle.I called asked how this was possible.... They said they would figure it out..
A couple weeks later I get two stickers with no explanation and when I call to find out what they are for they say it's so I can tell them apart...
I said I can tell them apart one of them is about 12 inches long and the other about 3 feet.. Another couple weeks go by and I get a couple new certificates...We find out that someone apparently used cut and paste.. I got the right certs eventually. I sold the rifle... Only took another 2 years to get the stickered certs cancelled..
-- bear.23

No comments:

Post a Comment