Thursday, October 28, 2010

System crashes muck up data and double registered guns

There's been a few 'known' system crashes ... in which a 'undisclosed' amount of data was lost...
It happened to me once, when selling a non-restricted rifle that was registered in 1999... The girl on the phone said the registration # I had given wasn't in the system... When I insisted that I had the registration certificate in my hand, she put me on hold for a few minutes... Only to come back and said that she had found it... and wanted to confirm all details about the firearm [i.e. policy is to re-enter any missing registration certificate information]
I'm sure if the registration 'status' of one of your firearm was ever questioned in court... a good lawyer could most likely put enough doubt on the integrity/accuracy of the registry to get the 'charge' dropped.

I tried to have a gun that I bought at a store yesterday registered and the transfer was put on hold. Apparently there are 2 guns registered to the same Certificate number. How does this happen? Why aren't people accountable for wasting our tax dollars? If this was the private sector some one would be hearing about it. God only knows how long it will take to fix, mean while the store is paying interest on money for a gun they can't sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment