Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paper Crimmanls

See this is exactly why we need to get rid of the non restricted registry; way too many screw ups. I've had trouble transferring 2 non restricted rifles, one I had for over a year before they called me and told me the registration was no good. I had a registration in my name with all the proper info but for some reason it was no good so I had to track down the seller after well over a year and redo everything and it still took several tries to get it right for them to issue a new cert. People don't understand the process half the time and it causes problems, misinformation and sometimes paper criminals.-----------

Upon checking my registration certificates, I noticed the Firearms Center had made a error on my rifle serial #, I hadn't noticed it for approx. 1 yr due to numbers (something like) 088-080 mixed up. I wrote the CFC a letter asking them to correct the registration, numerous phone calls (all busy signals), no progress. Waited a couple more months, wrote another letter (registered) with photocopies of my PAL, Certificates and original bill of sale. Finally recd the corrected certificate about 5 months later? If registration is that important, then why did it take them so long to correct a "criminal" matter?
-- Bush24

No comments:

Post a Comment