Friday, October 29, 2010

Lost data, wrong serial number, harrassment by the SQ

I have had 2 issues with the registry.

1) called them up to setup a transfer. The firearm I wanted to sell was not listed. So a quick search with the lady on the phone found that
- I had 4 different owner accounts. Each had some error in name, address, phone numbers, ...
- 1 rifle I have was not on record, 3 rifles they had on record I did not own, 1 was registered with the wrong serial number (I sent all the paper work 3 times before they got it right)

2) that was before the long gun registry, I owned a 92FS. I first got it while I was in the army. Having a range on the base, and my home address was the base, they did not issue me a transport certificate (I did send all the paper work, THEY decided not to issue). Years later, I get called by the f***** SQ about those 2 years period where I had a handgun but no transport permit. I got such calls every 6-12 months for 3 years, at which point I sold the damn thing.

Just gotta love registries...

No comments:

Post a Comment