Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lost transfer request

I had to do a transfer today and decided to ask about my transfer for a MP40 that was started on June 4th. The woman said there was nothing in the system and told me that the dealer did not do it.

I ran over to the dealer and got the reference number and called back. I called back to the CFC and got someone else who told me that the transfer was started on June 4th but got misplaced and did not get sent to the Ontario CFO for background checks and approval. He did say they screwed up.

He told me he will send it for approval and it was a good thing that I called because it just would have sat. I guess this is a reminder to keep on them. He also said that it is now a 4-6 WEEK WAIT for RESTRICTED transfers.

I decided to call the CFO's office myself to ensure it was sent. Talked to a very nice lady and let her know the situation and she got it approved while I waited on the phone. The firearm retailer called me 20 mins later to pick it up.

What a system, but the system has some great and understanding people.

No comments:

Post a Comment