Wednesday, February 15, 2012

159-130 votes, the LGR is almost gone!!!


YES!!!!!
Today is a good day, the bill to end the Long gun registry has gone through with 159 to 130 votes which means the LGR is almost dead, now only the Senate to pass through and then have the bill declared law.

This is the tide turning, today we celebrate and enjoy the moment, made possible by the hard work of thousands of Canadians and the politicians who represent them. many of us thought this day would never come, but some kept working at it, till the moment was right. As soon as the bill is declared law, I plan on shooting my papers.
Frankly I think we should get rid of the complete registry, but I suspect for the moment it's a bridge to far. I think though after about 5 years of data to back up the fact that the LGR was useless, then we can work on the remaining registry.

Finally a post that is not about a failure of the gun registry.

No comments:

Post a Comment