Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Suffering from a "registry glitch"

I also suffer from a registry 'glitch'. I inherited my dads guns so we transferred every gun registered to him to me and I took the lot of guns. Turns out he had 1 more registered to him that is now in my name but the gun doesn't exist.

It is a non-existent make with no serial # which I eventually figured out was because one of the rifles was registered twice, the second time being based off of some marking on the buttstock.

So I called the registry to explain the error and have it corrected.... NOPE. The registry doesn't make mistakes I am told.

If I want that gun removed from my name in the registry I must call the police and report it stolen. They will remove it only once I submit the police report. I explained that it is a crime to fraudulently report a crime to which they told me that is the only way they will remove the non-existent gun from my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment